View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 11:49 PM   #296
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Huge Northwestern comeback win. Down 10 with 4 mins left. Scott Frost and the Huskers are 0-6.

Northwestern has basement dweller Rutgers next week, then will play Wisconsin likely with the division on the line.
"The Boy King" has a lot of rebuilding to do. Should have stayed at UCF. He'll get more leeway and patience because of his history in Lincoln, but it's fucking Nebraska. In the Big Ten. Ever since joining the conference, they've had delusions of just running roughshod and having success to rival the current version of Alabama. Instead, they're the western conference Rutgers. Nobody really worth a damn wants to go to Nebraska; be it the school or the state. Even just counting the conference, Wisconsin and Iowa have the talent pedigree consistently be competitive and dangerous, Xichigan and Sparty have name recognition (which was a slow build over time for Little Brother), and Northwestern is a wildcard that is either full of exeptional talent or... not. The fact that Nebraska sucks worse than Illinois and Minnesota is telling. Keeping Frost as a fixed point *might* help, and they have nowhere to go but up now, but they have fired coaches for far less (one of which was because they didn't win a national championship... wow, how quaint that thought is now).

That school should be *allowed* some leeway for illegal recruiting. Aside from the "prestige" of saying you were one of the Blackshirts on the D-line, there is really nothing appealing for a potential athlete.

*addendum: you know, I actually forgot TTUN is in the East now? I was thinking of the whole Leaders/Legends shit still, where both teams could potentially play one another twice in a row if both schools had winning records... but that never worked out. My bad. I also fucked up with State, and was under the assumption that Purdon't was still on schedule to get annually anally waxed by Ohio State. Doesn't matter, because Purdue doesn't matter.

Last edited by Tom Guycott; 10-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.