View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #4604
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Fuck it, let's get some of that action. But watch it get developed by the guys who released this silliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
And just so everyone's clear:

This thing was released on core consoles in the year 2012.
Quoted both because they tie together sort of.

When I looked at the visuals, I was thinking it looked like a Wii game (at best). Out of curiosity, I looked up the game to see who developed it and looked at their credentials. This was handed to a group who seem to primarily do Wii and DS versions of games. There's also some multiplat and PC titles in there, but in recent history especially, it seems Wii and DS versions of games are their bread and butter.

Which kinda explains this game.

I also checked out a video of a Robeast Battle, and holy crap, that is boring as fuck.

But yeah, the game seems to be kind of a mess. The cartoon shots clash with the game footage, and the Voltron scenes clash with both. I can't believe they have Quicktime events while you watch the cartoon formation sequence. That's stupid on many levels, and probably a good reason they don't let you try the sequence. Combining the worst elements of QTEs and Turn Based combat is annoying as fuck, too.

Plus, it's mostly a twin stick shooter. There should be better controls for a game where the primary elements of the game are "move" and "shoot."
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote