View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #707
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I posted this in the other thread because I didn't see this, but the Okada and Tanahashi wins didn't shock me in the slightest. Okada is the guy, he's having a very special reign, and there are people that would just be cottoning on to that now. Putting it on their cool heel act who didn't need the belt to get over doesn't really...make as much sense as it does to a lot of American spectators where a guy gets half-way there and you switch it.

I can't actually imagine who beats Okada for the belt, and it's nice to have a strong babyface you legitimately believe in like that. It'll make it shocking and heart-breaking when he does drop it. Ideally. If Danielson jumps, which is still surreal to think about (I think he re-ups with WWE for millions, even if he is paid to do nothing), then that would be an obvious switch. Or Brock Lesnar, should he decide that he wants a change of scenery in order to change the wrestling landscape for a couple of million a year (I doubt they would pay him WWE salary, but does the dude really need money at this point?). If Brock got bored in Japan, Vince would take him back in a heartbeat, lol.

Hell, Bobby Lashley's TNA contract is coming up. I fully expect him to sign with the WWE, but he'd be a fool not to send feelers out to New Japan and see if they'd do something with him part-time in order to boost his rep even more. He's probably come a long way and has had great matches with Angle. "The Destroyer" in New Japan beating the snot out of the hero Okada would make for compelling stuff.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote