View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #708
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
MVP? How did I miss that!?! lol

I love MVP but he does not fit in with New Japan at all.
Eh, he had a lot of good rep leaving the WWE as a technical guy who never got to show his stuff. I think he teamed with Shelton Benjamin there as "Black Dynamite" or something. And it was always his dream to go and work in Japan. Kind of felt like the IC Title was their prototype US Title, which they'd use to get a gaijin they liked over. Now it's become sort of like what the WWF IC Title used to be, in that you put it on a guy that you want to be a big deal that you just aren't willing to derail the A1 main event program for. Shinsuke Nakamura became synonymous with it when Tanahashi was the guy, and now Tanahashi is synonymous with it now that Okada is the guy. One day Okada will become synonymous with it if Goto or Ibushi get to that main event spot.

Actually, Goto is probably my pick to get the next IWGP Title run, assuming that there isn't a MAJOR shake-up in the wrestling world and the Punk, Brock or Danielson thing doesn't end up happening.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote