View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #25107
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
About the only "Triple H is a body guy" thing that you could point to is Chris Hero. And quite honestly, he looked like total shit. At least people like Owens and Joe are big guys in general. Hero looked like he hadn't seen the inside of a gym since 2002. And beyond that it sounds like he was fired less because he looked like shit and more because he showed no desire at all to change his appearance when asked.
I think he's off base about HHH, who seems to be a big work rate mark. But maybe Bret has some insight we don't know about since all we have to go off of is the dirt sheets. It wouldn't be shocking to hear that while HHH is a big work rate fan and loves Japan, he may also share Vince's opinion that the top guys need to be jacked and the upper/lower mid card could be your work horses.

However, Bret has plenty of reason to dislike HHH. Something tells me that while Shawn and Vince seemingly went out of their way to finally bury the hatchet with Bret, HHH did no such thing (this is just a theory I have) and thus Bret being a bit of a surly and emotional guy likes to lump all of the blame onto H and goes very easy on Vince.

But if you're able to read between the lines Bret often makes good points. I remember him being pretty hard on the road agents saying they're pretty much all lower card guys and they don't have any road agents who made it to the top. At first I thought he was being a touch harsh and while the likes of Malenko, Rotundo, Road Dogg etc certainly have a place as Road Agents it does puzzle me why you wouldn't be consulting with the likes of Bret and Austin even on a freelance type basis, guys who understand the main event style.

So I don't know, I find it funny that it's so popular on here to bitch about Bret Hart being surly yet we love JBL who sexually assaulted half of the roster as a hazing exercise. I've heard that Bret is great to his fans and while he has a bit of an ego I find his honesty about how he feels refreshing, whether he is right or wrong.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote