View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #25113
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
But if you're able to read between the lines Bret often makes good points. I remember him being pretty hard on the road agents saying they're pretty much all lower card guys and they don't have any road agents who made it to the top. At first I thought he was being a touch harsh and while the likes of Malenko, Rotundo, Road Dogg etc certainly have a place as Road Agents it does puzzle me why you wouldn't be consulting with the likes of Bret and Austin even on a freelance type basis, guys who understand the main event style.
Probably the same reason with wrestler trainers and sports in general with the lack of big name stars carrying over into other areas after their regular careers are over. Money is probably the biggest reason which is something big stars don't really need to worry about unless your a Ric Flair type.

Some like Goldberg and Stone Cold are happy being retired and don't see the motivation to continue while others like Hogan and Lesnar likely only consider it if it results in more big paychecks. Then you have others like The Rock who want to go in a completely new direction after their wrestling career.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote