View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #25116
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Probably the same reason with wrestler trainers and sports in general with the lack of big name stars carrying over into other areas after their regular careers are over. Money is probably the biggest reason which is something big stars don't really need to worry about unless your a Ric Flair type.

Some like Goldberg and Stone Cold are happy being retired and don't see the motivation to continue while others like Hogan and Lesnar likely only consider it if it results in more big paychecks. Then you have others like The Rock who want to go in a completely new direction after their wrestling career.
I considered that for sure, and some great athletes don't make great coaches but that's why I said even at a freelance consultant basis. And I think with wrestling when it comes to laying out a match, if you were a great wrestler it would translate into helping to guys really put it all together.

I personally believe it's easier (and this goes for any company) to have guys that are going to toe the line. If your head booking team was Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin, one would have to imagine it would be one hell of a clash of egos. But, I don't think it would hurt Vince to call Bret and ask him his take on a really intriguing IC title feud. Yeah, Bret's a bit out of touch, but surely you could take some of his ideas and mould them into a more modern form. Just makes sense to me.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote