View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #38
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
3 out of 4 stars

Very enjoyable. Highly recommend for fans of the original (two?). There are some things I didn't like but it didn't ruin the entire thing.

SPOILER: show
The whole Shandor thing was dumb as fuck. Why did you get JK Simmons to be in the movie for 30 seconds just to get ripped apart? Shandor is an already baked-in antagonist for any sequel that may come. He would be perfect either as the direct antagonist or the evil puppet master pulling all the strings. He's been name dropped a bunch of times in the franchise so to have him show up and leave like that was really disappointing.

Now, there's a high likelihood that something had to get cut. It was already a 2-hour movie and there were even scenes in the trailer that got cut (I definitely remember kids at school playing a prank on Phoebe involving an exploding chip bag that wasn't in the movie itself) so I'd be interested in knowing if that was the case because that made zero fucking sense.

I mean there are a few other minor things that bothered me but the overall tone and execution was really well done.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote