View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 12:09 AM   #507
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OssMan View Post
I'm reading Ready Player One. It's probably the worst book I've read. I've taken to drawing stupid comics at the end of each chapter to illustrate how dumb the endless name dropping and Elon Musk worshipping is which is making me take significantly longer to read the book, which is bad because I want to be done with it.
This book truly is atrocious... really disheartening how successful it was... creepy, off-putting, written like a 13 year old who doesn't know how to describe anything beyond using a simile to reference some other thing that has nothing to do with anything. Easily the worst book I've ever read, everything is so maximized: "I've mastered every arcade game from the 80's, I've memorized every single frame from every Brat Pack movie, I've read the biographies of every 80's author 10 times each," the protagonist is extremely creepy and stalkerish towards the girl love interest and justifies his creepiness towards her and then is rewarded by getting her at the end, again the descriptions are just hilariously lazy, packed to the brim with endless 80's references which, if you don't get, then you're out of luck cus there's nothing left in the book. "Stop hitting yourself like Rain Man, OK?" The kid's family gets killed by some evil faceless corporation and he doesn't even care, just goes to text the girl he likes, for fucks sake. This book is truly truly dreadful
OssMan is offline   Reply With Quote