View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:25 PM   #493
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Sounds fishy to me that Heyman would negotiate anything for Brock 'irl'. Wouldn't Brock's agent do that, not his fictional manager on WWE television?
I think Paul actually does serve as some sort of "advisor" to Brock. I think he's helped negotiate book deals and stuff with the UFC before. I can't be entirely sure of that, but I'm sure I've read something along those lines. He's like what Paul Ellering was to the Road Warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I hope Brock goes elsewhere tbh. I'm tired of the only showing up every 3 months schtick and as long as he's around he will either be champion or in the hunt and I'm just over that.

Also agree with Slik that Heyman negotiating seems fishy. Also isn't he pretty much guaranteed to go to UFC? I thought he was going to fight Cormier and that it was on the table for him to compete in UFC and WWE? What happened to all that.

And while Brock would be a huge signing for AEW, I don't wish that on them. You know he will want the same limited schedule, which would honestly probably work better there in the early stages, but then they'll just end up with the same shitty Brock that WWE has had for the last few years. Feel like he would end up boring people away from the product and probably back to a suddenly Brockless WWE with a fresh title program.
Brock is so fucking amazing. He's one of the best workers in the industry right now, and the reason he works so few dates is because he is good enough to call his shots -- and that goes into helping him feel special anyway.

You see people on the internet talking about who the "Face of the Company" is going to be. It's Brock. It's been Brock since he beat Undertaker in 2014. He appears on television probably more frequently than Hulk Hogan did. He defended the Universal Title more than Okada did during his first reign. We have a modern western perspective on how Brock is used, and we're a bit spoilt, but Vince has actually shown great restraint in not blowing the Brock Lesnar TV match yet. He's got firm plans with Lesnar.

He's also a big name. He resonates in that way that a real sports star does. If AEW are trying to secure themselves TV, PPV, merchandising, action figure and video game deals, then having Brock Lesnar on your payroll is a great start. People are going to take you legitimately. He can pummel Cody, have a match with Jericho, possibly do something with Goldberg, have a fresh thing with Omega and if they get Punk there's that. That's 5+ PPV caliber matches. Plus, then you get Heyman.

Heyman could provide excellent commentary, some great creative insights, cut some phenomenal promos and would generally be a welcome addition to any promotion. Honestly, the fishiest thing about the tease here, is that I thought Heyman was under WWE contract. But maybe there's some sort of "Brock out" opt out clause. If Brock leaves Heyman gets to renegotiate. Or maybe he just timed it so they could leave together?

Re: UFC: I thought that was the go too, but I read that Brock had not paid a fine to allow his suspension to be lifted for failing that drug test. I imagine it was just hype to leverage a better WWE deal or create UFC hype for Dana. Cormier also took another fight, and I heard he was hurt, so it's possible that they just went another direction and putting him against Brock, while blockbuster, was just something they didn't want to either blow right now or risk Brock winning against a hurt and exhausted Cormier.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote