View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #508
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Why isn't anyone talking about Chris Hero? Did you read NXT spoilers? Does everyone think it's a work? I have to assume so because I haven't herd anyone talk about him for AEW.
I mentioned it somewhere back there. It’d be cool if he does go. I think it’s a wait and see situation with him at the moment. He might have had a two-year deal come up, but they could have just left him off. It seems far more likely this is a work than the Ambrose stuff. Or it could be a call-up/move to EVOLVE/NXT UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Just for public record I'd like to state the following. I'd much prefer AEW get an event based TV deal like Bellator or UFC than a weekly series like WWE, ROH, Impact, or Lucha Underground. I'd prefer one to three larger televised events per month that lead to a larger by monthly PPV. Very much like NJPW or Bellator. Having a weekly series is draining, feels like death. I want something new, not a weekly schedule to be stuck to. I feel that two hours a week in the current climate is just muddying the water. Let's keep it fresh and let us miss you a little bit. In between show's AEW could contract out certain performers to other promotions around the globe to supplement their own and the performers income.
The thing is that those weekly shows are going to be where the money comes from to sell the concept of these larger shows too. It’s interesting you mention Bellator though, because I was just reading yesterday that they signed with DAZN to do 7 exclusive events a year and 15 mutual ones with Paramount. Something like this would be excellent for All Elite. If they got a weekly deal with TNT, 15 Clash/SNME specials on TBS Saturday nights and 7 DAZN-exclusive “PPVs” and they sold content at even half the price of WWE, then that’s still about $155 million a year.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote