View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #525
Joey Slugs
Second City Saint

Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Joey Slugs has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWWF
Regular season records can be very decieving. There was something like the White Sox have only lost 5 division games this year, but they play like four or five series' with the Twins still.
The point of the unbalanced schedule is so that to win your division you must beat your division opponents. as of this morning, the white sox are 28-5 within the al central. how is that decieving? don't give me that bullshit that the sox have only beat up on lowly teams like detriot & cleveland. the al central, until recently, had 4 out of 5 teams OVER .500.

lay off finding excuses on why the sox are doomed to fail. best record in baseball, best division record, best away record, 11 game lead over a very good team in the twins.

as for the sox not being a playoff threat (in which you posted a long ass pointless post about stats from last year making a difference this year)... i'll just let mr. derek jeter sum it up.

"Come playoff time, there are teams that you hope to play and some teams that you really hope to avoid. I really think that the team you hope to avoid this year is the white sox, they are playing amazing baseball right now and in a short series I'm not sure if anyone can beat them." ~Derek Jeter on the Dan Patrick Show (ESPN 1000)