View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #365
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inadequacy View Post
I live in a province where a young girls suicide due to online bullying/harassment led to the formation of a new police unit specifically for dealing with online harassment. A unit which did basically nothing when a local woman tried to report the harassment she was receiving from her ex-boyfriend. They wouldn't even do anything when she knew who the person was, can you imagine the authorities doing very much when the harassers are anonymous?
Online harassment is a tricky thing to nail down. Many social sites continually patch in systems for users to control their privacy and it doesn't seem to stop a creep from pulling shit. It's a new-ish area for law enforcement to work in and I sympathize that what they do and what a service does is very complicated. It goes to a larger issue and we have to wonder what would we have services and law enforcement do about this?

I had this thought that one day everybody; law enforcement, service users, sites, people of all religions and political creeds will finally agree on what I've been saying during this GG stuff that the ultimate issue are trolls and their anonymity. That's what it all comes down to. We're either gonna see expanded powers to the justice department regarding IP addresses and the such, or the end of internet anonymity altogether. At this point I'm fine with either, since how it's working now doesn't seem to satisfy people.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote