View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 03:49 AM   #4
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good replies by Destor so far. That’s kind of my feeling on it. Vince is a very idiosyncratic person, and it’s hard to just summarize everything into one simple thought.

I’ll say this: When it comes to the business side of WWE, he’s still got more vision than anyone on the internet will give him credit for. When he fired Barrios and Wilson over licensing the Network, Meltzer and the like made him sound like a senile old man thrashing about through space. Vince saw the landscape changing, got ahead in the streaming game, but has also found a way to make money off that. Other people are still obsessing over the 18-49 demo on cable television and whether or not PPV is dead.

Vince actually moves forward quite ferociously for a dude people claim is stuck. I’m not defending his creative ideas. But his actual vision for WWE — going public, going PG, becoming a content factory, establishing an OTT streaming service, getting huge TV rights, doing huge international shows, licensing out your OTT service — has all been ahead of the game, really. And no one has done bigger better than Vince.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote