View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #11
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Vince could be mainly a figurehead by now. I guess it’s not in his psychology to stand back (!), but it’s just insane how hard this guy still works. And has he ever really taken a holiday?

But yeah, delegating is so useful, and I don’t think Vince needs to go away completely for the WWE to get more creatively interesting again. He just needs to step back from a couple of things — the scripting of the promos, being so involved in the verbiage of the show, etc. Step back from hands-on stuff and keep to big vision things.

When it comes to picking top stars, the scope of his programming and how to monetise it — Vince is way ahead of everyone. But then he’s actually got to produce the content to fill that vision.

I think about how interesting WWE could be if, even if SmackDown and Raw only changed some minor production things, you actually did have a one-hour show produced by Paul Heyman somewhere. Just using a few guys he sees value in that aren’t locked into Raw and SmackDown appearances right now. Or if Eric Bischoff actually produced content for the WWE Network. Or if they actually had something like a Smoky Mountain or Ohio Valley to develop talent outside the NXT aesthetic.

WWE could revive the territory system, which, in a sterile sort of way, seemed to be what they were going for at one point. But they could essentially revive it as a genre, as opposed to one sort of thing colored a different scheme depending on what day of the week it airs.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote