View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:00 AM   #90
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I disagree completely. I think said bodysuits have more individual personality. There were small details on the old outfits but only so much you could do with so little material.

Kitana in X looked very Regal, as she was a powerful leader by that point in the story. In 11, she is pulled from time before she aquired said power, so her outfit leans a bit more toward assassin, but while still retaining some of the elegance that has defined her design over the years.

Mileena's default in MKX is probably my favorite design for the character. I'm not sure about Mileena considering herself ugly. Where has she ever said that? I've always figured the sexualization of Mileena is just the devs sense of irony. Anyway, for me, the MK X outfit just really conveyed the savage nature of Mileena and it also fit her role n the story as a dethroned rebel fighting a guerilla war against the current regime. Her dark empress alt had similar royal vibes to Kitana's default, but with that savage twist, fitting to the character.

It was cool to finally see Skarlet in MK9 but she had probably the most boring design on the whole roster. She looked like an NPC. In MK11 she gets more personality and character. She is closer to a sorceress in this one, and her outfits all portray that better than the old one.

Jade....I don't know what to tell you man. I think she looks awesome. She looks more like a field agent with some of that edenian elegance mixed in. And if anything I'd say she has more eastern influence in the new outfit. All this is about her human skin btw. I mean what is so eastern about her old outfit? A few chains and gaudy gems on her kneecaps?

The other thing to remember is that every character has over 60 skins. Yes a lot of them are color variations on the same skin, but there are more than enough unique looks that you can't judge solely on the defaults. For instance the "army chicks" have a similar theme on their defaults, but thats for story purposes. Besides those skins they have others that are much more unique.

And thats not even getting into gear. Some of of them change small details, but some really add to the outfit.

I'm not even against the old stripper ninja outfits. I like them. I just like what we have a whole lot more.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote