View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #32
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
finished this over the weekend. so good. i think i managed to get myself the best possible ending i could, but i had to intentionally botch a quest to do so

SPOILER: show
so it turns out getting the deserters to return to edgewater was the "right" move - but installing adelaide as the leader wasn't, and it matters in a big way later in the game because that makes the adjutant in byzantium give you a quest to kill everyone in edgewater; if you refuse the quest, she (and consequently the entire corporate presence in byzantium) aggroes and you have to murder your way out. BUT if i'd left reed in charge, she wouldn't have given that quest, and everyone lives.

i managed to flub my way into a happy ending there by accepting but not completing the adjutant's quest. i had to assuage parvati's concerns ("trust me" seemed the best/only real option that didn't sound like it was immediately dismissing her) but the quest auto-failed as soon as i skipped the hope to terra 2 - so other than missing out on the other quests the adjutant gives, that seems to be the best workaround if you put adelaide in charge of edgewater and don't want to kill everyone there or in byzantium.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote