View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 06:32 AM   #2925
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Superstars: June 14, 2040

Opening Match: Ozzy Mandias vs. Bill Crockett
Ooh, there's some rough crowd reaction on this one. Fortunately, their work rate more than compensates because of course it does. Romeo Valiente, who is at ringside, can't contain his frustration with Ozzy enough to stay out of things but sadly, he screws up his attempted shenanigans and that allows Ozzy to nail the Blizzard of Oz for the pin. ****1/2, 85% overall.

It's time for another riveting edition of The Hot Button with everyone's favorite host, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. He wants to update everyone on the condition of Jordan Demiras. Granted he's in rough shape right now which prevents him from being here but things could have turned out a lot worse if Zed Jones and Hotbody hadn't gotten rid of those spiders that somehow managed to get on Demiras on Raw. There are some serious pest control issues that need to be addressed but the so-called 'great' and 'illustrious' boss the WWE has is too busy eyeballing her next bedroom conquest to worry about important things like making sure the talent is safe from dangerous pests. Jordan Demiras could have suffered a severe allergic reaction if Hotbody hadn't been there!!! Then he wouldn't have been able to go on to Night of Champions and suffer another humiliating loss to the greatest Cruiserweight Champion this company has had in years! But we can worry about that later because right now the skinny that The Hot Button was able to learn was that Lisa Benton herself was seen entering Jordan Demiras' hospital room where they apparently spent quite a good amount of time alone together! That's why we're here tonight to finally uncover the truth! Hotbody is welcoming to the Hot Button right here and now, LISA BENTON!

Benton begrudgingly makes her way out to take part in the absurdity and locks eyes with Hotbody, who is smiling from ear to ear. "Alright, boss, you know why I'm calling you out. Now, I know being a scummy suit your first instinct is going to be to deny all of the accusations or even get physical rather than address the issue but I've got you and Demiras cold. These aren't just wild accusations some nut is throwing around. We here at the Hot Button have managed to secure ACTUAL VIDEO TAPE EVIDENCE of you entering the hospital room where conveniently Jordan Demiras was recovering from what happened on Raw. You look surprised! Well, why don't we just let everyone see for themselves. ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE!"

The big screen shifts to black and white security footage that shows a hospital hallway with various people walking up and down its length. After about 15 seconds or so, Lisa Benton does indeed appear and enters a room, closing the door behind her. Hotbody insists it gets played over on a loop while he continues. "The truth is in the pudding! You can't deny it anymore! I always knew you were screwy. I just didn't know how much you enjoyed getting scre...."

"OK, enough!" Benton interrupts. "It looks like there's no sense in carrying on any sort of charade. I guess I can open up and talk about this. Jordan Demiras, if you're watching this, I only hope you can forgive me because I know you wanted to keep it quiet at least for the time being."

Hotbody leaps up and down, unable to contain his glee. "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!! Come on! Let's hear the details! What exactly went down in that room?"

"Well, honestly, I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I walked in. I saw Jordan just lying there in so much pain. I mean, it's my responsibility to look after the talent under my watch. When he noticed my presence it didn't take long for him to collect himself and ask that we get down to business. I was unsure at first but he insisted because he had a special demand. When I heard him out, the thing he asked for and the things he was planning on doing, a small part of me was telling me to leave the room and let sleeping dogs lie. But there was another part of me that had actually thought about his request before and wanted to see it come to fruition. After we talked about it for a while, he made one last plea. Would I grant him his request? I closed my eyes and paused briefly for a moment, considering the consequences, but ultimately I said...'YES! YES! Yes, Jordan I will accept your proposition....I WILL make your match against Hotbody a steel cage match!"

The smile on Hotbody's face vanishes and is replaced with a horrified, pale expression. Benton gets in his face and simply says, "Like you said on Raw: no questions asked." We go to break as Benton leaves Hotbody stunned.

Backstage, Fantasee is with Frankie who wants to rip Carmella Costello a new one. Carmella had better learn to accept that Frankie will never buy into Carmella's mindset of the world revolving around her and that leaving her side was the best decision she ever made.

Second Match: Quentin McDaniels vs. Stone Walsh
All three of the challengers to the Unified World Title will be in action tonight. McDaniels is up first here and delivers a good showing taking time every so often to issue threats to the other participants via the camera. He cheats to win via using the ropes in the end and BUILDS MOMENTUM for Night of Champions. *****, 94% overall.

Third Match: Jesse Capalbo vs. Jerome McDougal
Not much in the way of heat but still enough to not get hurt by the previous match. This is all about McDougal looking good and me justifying Aaron Ramsey's paycheck as the two use their treachery to eek out a victory for McDougal. ****1/4, 84% overall.

Backstage, Noah Carmichael is going through emotions and wants us all to help him get through it. He wants all of us to be there for him when he bashes Quentin McDaniels' face in, over and over and over again. He wants all of us to understand him when he has to take out Haven and deny him the Unified World Title. And most importantly he wants all of us to share his joy when Butch Fleming lies at Carmichael's feet, broken, sorry, pathetic, and no longer champion.

Fourth Match: The Morris Cousins vs. The Wasteland
Back in form for the Wasteland as they need to recover from being rag dolls for Hugo. Plus it's awesome tag team action so pluses all around. The Wasteland hit Lyle Morris with the Toxic Kiss to pick up the win. *****, 95% overall.

Fifth Match: Haven vs. Clubber Harris
It's Haven's turn at the barrel and he appears unfazed by Carmichael's comments earlier. This is just an awesome heavyweight slugfest that of course is all about Haven making a statement. He gets the pin after the Sting of Solace and BUILDS MOMENTUM himself. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Sixth Match: Jamie Roderick vs. Arianna
I realized I haven't been using these guys that often which is yet another good argument for a women's tag division. Roderick is just so good to waste, I feel bad sometimes. So let her get a win here I say! She slaps on the Roderick Legacy after a kick ass bout for the submission. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick is still struggling to talk through her jaw injury. She's faring better as she joins her clients, the Future Foundation in bad mouthing the Play Pals, calling them nothing but man-children who got lucky in getting another crack at the gold. The Future Foundation will finish the job at Night of Champions.

MAIN EVENT: Noah Carmichael vs. Lonny Richards
Probably Richards' most high profile match to date, which Nathan Quinn espouses as proof that kicking Caleb Greene to the curb was the right move. Carmichael is all business and takes the fight to Richards. It's a nice back and forth heavyweight style match so of course Butch Fleming has to be the asshole who ruins it by running in to attack Carmichael for the DQ. Caleb Greene runs in to try to get things evened out but the faces are unable to overcome and gets laid out. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%
M-A-G is online now   Reply With Quote