View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #338
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Final Fantasy: The Sky

Okay, so I didn't read it since there are almost no words. It's an art book dedicated to Yoshitakia Amano's work from FF 1-10. As a kid I hated Amano's art and it even deterred me from playing Final Fantasy 6.(Though my first RPG experience with Dragon Warrior was the main problem) But over the years his art grew on me til I finally "got it".

This set is actually three books, each pertaining to a group of FF games, all together in a gorgeous box. It's not a series retrospective like the Capcom Complete works series. There is no commentary at all. It is a pure art book.

I've seen a lot of amano's art over the years, but this had lodes of stuff I had never seen. It has everything from two page spreads to art for all the monsters. The dark tower gaurdians from FF 3 were particularly cool. The book that contains FF 7-10 is much smaller than the others, as Amano was no longer the head designer. FF 9 actually gets the biggest page count in that book. Interesting though, that Red XIII seemingly may have had a bigger role in the initial stages of FF VIII, as Cloud's pet/companion.

Anyway this is an amazing set, and at 60 bucks, I felt like it was a great deal given the quality.

10/10
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote