View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pokemon Sword & Shield

I actually did a rare pre-order for the latest "controversial" entry in the Pokémon series because IT'S POKEMON ON A HOME CONSOLE. Let's Go doesn't count, that's not a real game.

I am really enjoying it actually, IT'S POKEMON ON A HOME CONSOLE, so I thought I'd make a thread so I can talk to myself about it. I expect nobody else is playing it but absolutely leave your Poké memories, your Poké thoughts and feelings or anything else you probably don't want to put Poké in front of.

Graphics - They're not that bad actually. Lotad's model looks fucking terrible though which is kind of unforgivable.
Soundtrack - It's actually pretty great so far. Never really been into any of the previous OSTs in the series but this one stands up.

The best thing about a new Pokémon game is going in blind and just witnessing these new monstrosities appear before you for the first time and wondering what they hell they evolve into. I popped when Galarian Meowth showed up, wasn't expecting it at all.

SPOILER: show

What.

I picked Sobble as my starter because sad lizards are the best, and the second stage evolution is

SPOILER: show
an actual emo lizard teenager, with the fringe and everything

which I kind of hated at first because it's not Sobble, but now I think it's pretty amusing. He's growing up.

With the whole Dexit it's also pretty fun seeing who made the cut, and some of the choices are real WTF moments. Some absolute trash Pokémon have shown up already and I'm only past the first gym. I looked up if my favourites were in and I know they're not, which kind of sucks, but everything else is a pleasant surprise. Gym leader battles themselves seem pretty cool, it's like a sporting event with a cheering crowd, who presumably just sit there all day waiting for a trainer to show up. I mean people in this universe just stand around in fields waiting for other trainers to enter their line of sight so I guess that's not too weird of a thing to do...
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote