View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #531
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWadding View Post
I watched Takeover a second time and thought it was better the second time. I think Takeover was still better, but it was really close.
After giving it some thought, the difference in expectations going in is what really skewed things for me.

NXT can be hit-or-miss in terms of building things to a TakeOver but they set the bar high for TakeOvers and almost always delivery in terms of quality. Felt Toronto didn't met those expectations and not because the show itself was terrible.

Meanwhile WWE was way more miss than hit with SummerSlam's build but I had really low expectations going in. Felt SummerSlam managed to met those expectations due to the show itself being pretty enjoyable to watch despite lacking the highs of TakeOver the night before.

In terms of SummerSlam and TakeOver history, would put both shows more towards the middle of the list based on overall quality and entertainment.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote