View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #512
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
SPOILER: show
I figured Red Eye had something to do with The Gate and LOVED it when it showed up and H'aanit freaked out. I didn't work out it was Crossford until the diary though, that detail made it even better. When I fought it, I got the vibe that it looked like a shadow human version of Ghisarma. Maybe he just took the form of whatever beast he fought last since he had been partially absorbed into Galdera and was tripping balls.

Was Darius acting independently of Obsidian? The seal was broken a long time before Heathcoat managed to retrieve the first stone. Therion bringing them all back (and I guess ultimately becoming their new guardian) was necessary to prevent the Gate being unsealed again in the future, but didn't Obsidian know it was already open?

Mathias didn't seem to be clued in about Kit still being an option since he was dead set on snuffing out the sacred flame, but Esmerelda was looking for info in Crossford's diary that seemingly led them to Kit. Can't remember if it said who was funding Mathias, but I think he only ever had contact with Lyblac and she was playing the long game with him, maybe Crossford was an attempted shortcut to her end goal. Using Lianna as a vessel for Galdera outside of the gate, with no Sacred Flame in place, could potentially pose a much bigger threat to the world than sacrificing Kit?
SPOILER: show
Im left to assume that while the stones were out of their hands it was enough to open the gate but I think the issue here is that they dont have a very good internal communication network in their organization. Mathias is a great example where you see that Lyblac has gone around manipulating all these people but once they serve her purpose she moves on. Had she tried to coordinate these efforts and not compartmentalized them she might have succeeded.

There's a lot of examples of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. And this is mirrored by the audiences lack of knowledge as well. We were all in the dark.

I think Mithias's plan would be less of a threat because you would have a man infused with Galdara opposed to Galdara reborn.

Would like to put over just how unique this method of story telling was. I have never played a game that felt like a mystery so much as this. 80 hours and I didnt realize there was mystery at all and then suddenly there is this "ah ha" moment that I have never got from any game off the top of my head. At first i considered it a criticism that the story was section off the way it was but in hindsight that allowed for something truly unique.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote