View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 04:42 PM   #56532
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Has he ever offered to fight anyone?
I can see that coming a mile off.

I bet he pulls a Uwe Boll before too long.
Not actually fight anyone, but he did recently go after Cornette on Twitter with almost zero provocation. They’ve been going back and forth for a while, with things until recently being pretty good between them — Meltzer would give Cornette credit and vice versa — but then things got icy over AEW. Meltzer started echoing the things the AEW guys say to dismiss Corny (I imagine Steve Buscemi with the skateboard) and Cornette allegedly “chewed him out privately” and only made a little mention of it on his actual show.

But anyway, someone on Twitter said something like “Cornette must be stewing!” because The Young Bucks got 1 million viewers or something. Cornette has long mocked the ratings and kind of scoff-laughs at how these shows do outright, so it’s projecting a lot onto Cornette. But Dave went on this weird tangent about how no one should listen to Cornette and he’s been proven wrong about everything, even using the cliched “out of touch” line. I immediately thought “Haha, shit — Meltzer’s business is hurting for the attention.” But Cornette actually completely ignored him (well, has to date).

Kind of ironic that Dave says Corny is the one that pushes people away. He’s the guy trying to take shots and get the other guy to cut a promo on him for the attention. Not so much a “fight,” but he probably knows what the attention would do for his metrics.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote