View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 04:53 PM   #56533
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I mean, you can’t look at AEW and think it is that good. I’m sorry, but you can’t. There were two Nickelodeon slimings in back-to-back segments the other week. Like, fair enough if you support them in principle, or find things to like. It’s not WWE, I get that. But it’s really hokey sports entertainment. And he goes out of his way to act like it’s high art and well disciplined storytelling.

He’ll also spin anything they do into an achievement. They are the first promotion ever started by a billionaire. They had Chris Jericho, JR and Jon Moxley signed to contracts before their first show. They had a TNT deal in place on the basis of this, also before their first show. He keeps going on about what they have achieved in a year. It’s what they bought. Nothing they’ve gotten has come off the merits of their show.

And there’s no shame in that — it’s just the reality.

I do wonder if Tony Khan being a confirmed reader of the Observer means that Meltzer is going to work extra hard to make it look like he’s got a clue. Not the best look if a dude whose education is Wrestling Observer University falls flat on his face.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote