Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #4225
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
Maybe if the Jays won more games early on, they wouldn't need to worry about the call of a strike or a ball....
No argument from me there. From the beginning of the series you can find posts of me praising the virtues of Kansas City. You even repped me for one of my posts.

People are too black and white. Because I'm saying that Revere got jobbed in his at bat and I think Nelson choked as an ump, I'm saying the Jays deserved to win. Kansas City deserved to win, but Revere (And Navarro to a lesser extent) deserved a fair shake at bat. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And I think the Jays deserve credit for sticking around in that game that long. Their offence was piss poor, but they really played some great defence to keep them in it.

I'm not "one of those" Jays fans. I don't accuse guys of choking, accuse guys of cheating, blah blah blah, but a bad call is a bad call. And yeah, if you're the actual better team that night, they usually don't effect you.

Hell I even said Volquez was hard done by on that call in game 5. Only difference is they'd walked Bautista all series and he fought off about a billion pitches, and the umpire gave him (incorrectly) the benefit of the doubt.