View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #84
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol I watched Karate Kid II.

My main issue with the movie which is an OKAY watch, is that you go from the first movie which is just great in a lot of ways, and you follow it up with what would be a made-for-tv effort if not for the success of the first movie. You still have the awesomeness of Morita and Macchio...as well as the awesome scene with Miyagi pwning Kreese, but I feel like going to Japan really neutered the energy of the franchise.

In saying that, the under-delivery of these sequels is legendary in itself and plays into the overall lore of Cobra Kai. Like how Daniel brought up being embarrassed by his stint AS a Cobra Kai. I didn't notice it, but read a review where it pointed out that it's a nod to the quality of the movie being embarrassing.

Also, the joy of those movies isn't in them being Oscar contenders. It's literally just the awesomeness of karate fighting that makes them fun. Still, the drop in quality after the original is still frustrating. Particularly given the likeability and talent of Macchio and Mortia.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote