View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #11445
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
We're Still Here (2015) - 3/5

I watched this on Prime.

The story is super simple. A middle aged couple have lost their son in crash and move out of town to a remote house in Connecticut. Quickly they began experience some scary shit and invite hippy friends to the house to do a seance. The wife is sure that it's her deceased son trying to reach out. But she's very wrong.

So I wrote a really long review for this that just got deleted due to a random finger closing out the page on my keyboard. Anyway.

The film is really fun and easy, but still scary. It reminds me of a modern take on the Hammer Horror style. The acting and script are not... good, but they really do tell the story effectively. It's like that perfect level of horror acting that wouldn't work in any other movie but is entertaining here. The production on the entity is probably quite financially reserved but very scary. It doesn't appear to use a lot of CGI, just good old fashioned lighting and makeup/costume. This movie has a similar tone to some Stephen King movies like Graveyard Shift, Pet Sematary, and Thinner. I really enjoyed it. I can't really give it more than a 3 out of 5 but it's a strong 3 for me. I picked this because I though it was a Ti West film from the poster on Prime, a total copy of that style.
That's on my Prime list.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote