View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #1135
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night averaged 2.11 million viewers, the second lowest non-holiday number of the modern era.

That was down one percent from the prior week, but in a sense this is worse because of two factors. The first is that the Baltimore Ravens blow-out win over the Los Angeles Rams (45-6) led to the NFL number declining 13 percent from last week to 10.93 million viewers. The second is this show was the day after Survivor Series, so it should have been expected to get a significant bump ...

It was down 11 percent from the same week last year ...

The shocking number was hour one coming off the pay-per-view.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.24 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.19 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.90 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Monday’s three-hour episode averaged 2,109,000 viewers with the only episodes in recent years to fall below that figure being the taped November 11th show from England two weeks ago (2,057,000), and last year’s Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve shows (1,775,000 and 1,968,000 respectively). In total viewers, Raw was nearly identical with last week’s figure of 2,127,000.
Quote:
Two title matches have been made official for this week's post-Survivor Series edition of NXT.

WWE has announced that NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) will defend their titles against Keith Lee & Dominik Dijakovic on tomorrow's show. Akira Tozawa will also challenge for Lio Rush's NXT Cruiserweight Championship tomorrow night.
Quote:
James Storm is getting a World title shot in the main event of the NWA's Into the Fire pay-per-view.

On tonight's episode of NWA Power, it was announced that NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis will defend his title against former National Champion James Storm in the main event of Into the Fire. The PPV is taking place at GPB Studios in Atlanta on Saturday, December 14 and will be available via Fite TV.
Quote:
Becky Lynch today has surpassed Ronda Rousey’s Raw Women’s championship title run, making her the longest reigning champion at 232 days.
Quote:
ROH has officially confirmed Marty Scurll's match for Final Battle.

It will be Villain Enterprises (Scurll & Flip Gordon) vs. Bandido & Flamita at the December 13 pay-per-view. The match was announced via a video that Scurll posted today. Scurll mentioned that there's a lot of speculation about his whereabouts, then said he's agreed to wrestle at Final Battle and gets to choose his own match.

Scurll also said that his match will go on first at the PPV.

Dave Meltzer reported on Scurll's status with ROH in last Friday's Daily Update: "Marty Scurll will be on the 12/13 Final Battle show even though his contract expires prior to that date. Scurll had agreed while talks were going on, that no matter what, he would work that show. He has not signed a new deal with ROH so when that match is officially announced, don't take it as meaning he has."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Since WWE NXT won the battle for "brand supremacy" at Survivor Series over the weekend, PWInsider.com has received a slew of emails asking whether that was step one in putting the NXT brand on the road and broadcasting out of larger venues on Wednesday nights.

As of this writing, the answer to that question is no.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that NXT remains contractually locked into regular Wednesday night dates at Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida through the end of March 2020. So, if WWE was planning on pulling the trigger and taking NXT out on the road, it's not going to happen immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE applied to trademark 'Barely Legal' and 'Cyberslam' ...

Barely Legal was the title of the first ECW PPV in April 1997.

Cyberslam was an annual event held in Philadelphia based around an Internet fan convention, held from February 1996 through February 2000 before the company shuttered operations in early 2001.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Chuck Carroll of CBS spoke with Xavier Woods, who noted there is no timetable for his return from Achilles tear. "Could be 5 months. Could be 9 months. There's a lot of wiggle room," said Woods.
Quote:
After a decade of being 'The Deadman,' Undertaker transformed into the 'American Badass' in May 2000, playing a biker instead of a phenom. The change helped refresh the character, giving Undertaker extra legs at the end of the Attitude Era. Speaking to Steve Austin on the Broken Skull Sessions, Undertaker revealed why he decided to make the switch.

"I think that's my best attribute is being able to figure out -- I always felt like, if I started feeling stale, my audience is probably feeling it before me. You get wrapped up in what you're doing. The small changes, the breaks at the right time. I don't think I would have made it through if I hadn't changed when I did to go to the American Badass. I don't think the [Deadman] character would have lasted through the Attitude Era. I was too handcuffed for our content. I had already been there for 9-10 years. I needed the handcuffs off and let them see a different variation, which opened the door to when I brought the gimmick back, I kept a little bit of everything."

Undertaker continued, "So many variables there. One, the bike. I had been off close to a year. I had a big-time groin injury. And about three weeks before I came back, I tore my peck. It ended up being close to 8 or 9 months that I was off TV. Not only am I coming back, I'm coming back as a completely different dude. You're running through all those (scenarios). Everything that could go wrong. If this doesn't work, you're dead right there. Fortunately, it was the right move at the right time."

Undertaker would evolve the 'American Badass' character into 'Big Evil,' which was a heel take on the gimmick. The 'American Badass' gimmick lasted until 2003 when Kane buried Undertaker alive at Survivor Series. Undertaker returned as the 'Deadman' at WrestleMania XX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Radio via r/SquaredCircle
In the final segments of today's WOR, Meltzer speaks on the DVR numbers for both Wednesday night shows from Oct 2 until mid November, which he had enquired about this morning.

He didn't go into deep specifics, but indicated both shows are picking up an extra couple of hundred thousand viewers on DVR, but since people watching on DVR are more likely to skip commercials, that won't be of much help when if comes to working contracts when they are up for renewal.
Quote:
Survivor Series was the 12th most searched topic on Google yesterday [Sunday] with 200,000. That indicates less mainstream interest for a major WWE show than anyone in a long time. Usually a big four WWE show will get 500,000 or up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer=PWI
Bruno Sammartino, a documentary on the late, great WWE Hall of Famer, will officially open theatrically after many years of preparation this Friday in both New York City and Santa Monica, CA. The run is in advance of a planned, larger release and is being done, in part, to insure the film will be eligible for the Academy Award for Best Documentary.
Quote:
Following the Survivor Series, the story involving Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo is one of the items most are focused on. Graves did not remove the tweets referencing Ranallo’s commentary on TakeOver this past Saturday, which led to Ranallo going home and not appearing at the Survivor Series where he was set to call several matches. On the broadcast, they announced that Ranallo’s voice was gone but that was their way of explaining his absence with the plan for him to return this Wednesday. Graves continued Monday by lashing out at Frank Shamrock (Ranallo’s manager) and Dave Meltzer for his reporting on the story. Shamrock invited Graves to stop by stating he was in Los Angeles or he could call him.

In foresight and hindsight, it was a bad idea to come up with the on-air excuse of Ranallo’s voice, but you must imagine WWE’s intentions were to address his absence with minimal attention and just move on. I don’t think there is anyone that has not pieced everything together and can see the real reason Ranallo didn’t work the show on Sunday.

Rather than just apologize for an ill-thought-out series of tweets, Graves is just on the attack and it’s a bad look for both him and the company. I would say that when emotions are at a high, which they appear to be, Twitter is not the avenue to venture down. My hope is that cooler heads prevail and that Graves does realize fault and makes an apology and allow the tension to die down. Graves did not make things better today and it would be best for him to stay offline and away from the comments, which are going to heavily lean on Ranallo’s side given his issues and that most believe he was just doing his job. It’s not an argument that announcers are above criticism but it’s a separate scenario when it’s done on a public forum through Twitter as opposed to privately between colleagues.

The next question is whether Ranallo goes to NXT this Wednesday. If he does the appearance, then the story will probably die down and all parties move on but if he’s not there it’s obviously a bigger story.
Graves was also going after others online as well for their issues with his comments. Besides that, there was also at least one instance of him acting in a condescending tone towards someone who had some issues with the booking at SummerSlam.

Quote:
Over the weekend, Kenny Omega spoke with Dave Meltzer and Jim Valley on Wrestling Observer Radio in a wide-ranging discussing AEW following the Full Gear event and numerous subjects about the state of the company. One issue discussed was the other side of the argument when it comes to the schedule. One of the ways AEW has distinguished itself is a less intensive road schedule with one taping per week. It’s great for guys that have done the intense WWE schedule and should preserve performers without the wear and tear of three or four shows per week. However, younger talent requires that experience and Omega discussed that aspect of AEW and the issues the schedule creates:

"We’ve always wanted to motivate people outside of AEW to try to find ways to get that ring time. We have not shut the doors on any outside bookings. We always encourage talent if they have a home promotion, if you want to do a Japan tour, a Japan stop or whatever please do it. That’s the one thing we don’t have right now and I wish we did. We don’t have anything like a Dojo or Performance Center and it’s kind of hurting us. There are people that would benefit greatly from having more ring time. I’m sure that change in the future but for now, the lack of having that, it’s a worry for me – not in the immediate future but for people we are trying to develop because there is talent that is going to be green that we are going to sign and give a chance to and they need to be put on a fast-track or whatever. Even if there is a move a guy wants to try, if there’s no ring to try it in or a sequence or whatever, they’ll never know if it’s going to work in the match. These are things that are pretty important, that need to be looked at and need to be addressed and I’m sure that it’s going to be a non-issue eventually but for now, it is, unfortunately, an issue for us."
Quote:
While Omega is obviously high on the division he helps run, fans have quickly pointed out that the women's division is often overlooked on AEW Dynamite. When asked about why the division doesn't get as much time as the men's division, Omega placed some blame on himself while also pointing to a lack of time.

"I want the women to have the largest stage possible on Dynamite and Dark. I'm fighting for it every week for them to have more time," stated Omega. "'Cut mine, I don't care.' When you have such a focus on the (tag team title) tournament, which took up so much time on each episode, it was two to one titles. I have to put blame on myself because I had the angle with [Jon] Moxley as well. At the end of the day, there's only so much time in an episode. It's almost amazing how fast it gets eaten up. We haven't been able to focus on women as much as I'd like. Some of it has been availability. We have girls signed and hopping on board. I hate to say 'wait til 2020,' but I can safely say in 2020 there are going to be interesting and exciting signings that will shake up the division. As soon as we have a women's tag division, that will balance (things) more and give the women more of a stage. Once there's that 'thing' for them to fight for, you're going to see more time devoted per episode for the women."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote