View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #59
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
As a fan, I'd prefer a two-hour weekly show. The third hour kinda makes PPVs seem less special and/or like an extended episode of TV.

I get why they keep it, but as someone who has no financial stake in the company I've never been a fan of three-hour RAW as a regular thing.
It does devalue PPVs. I think that’s been an understated thing. They either go as long or longer than the “special shows” or they have to make PPVs longer and more exhausting.

It might be too late to get much back from a change, but it wouldn’t be any worse. If there’s a way to talk USA around to launching different original content (even a Saturday morning studio show...or late night more adult show), there’s definite value in making the move.

I think the most obvious idea is to do a unique show for Peacock. Take the hit with USA and drive up numbers on Raw and NXT. Then have a separate entity that exists on streaming services to try and make yourself valuable there.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote