Thread: NXT TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 12:10 AM   #113
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
I heard that the average age of the NXT audience is like 54 or something also
That's one of those bullshit things AEW fanboys spread. AEW does slightly better in the 18-49 demo (probably with a bunch of 45 year old white guys) and they claim that means the audience is young and hip. NXT doesn't do as impressively in that demo, but it also launches on the WWE Network the next day.

I've said from the start that I'm willing to bet the audiences are much more similar than those who take the ratings literally suspect, and that the NXT audience is much larger and diversified than USA live on a Wednesday would tell them, but they tell me that doesn't make any sense, and the reason they give is that NXT isn't in the top one or two shows on the WWE Network each week, as if that's the point.

If 250k people in that demo watch it on DVR and/or the WWE Network on Thursday, sure it's got no effect on the advertising or whatever, but it'd have a younger audience than AEW. They just don't watch it live because they're supporting the other guys for now.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote