View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 AM   #533
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bigger issue overall is the problem with lazy character development and lack of build. Read: shit booking.

Lashley does look like a bully against Zayn... but that is more symptomatic of the company not taking proper time to make Zayn seem like a threat in any capacity in the last few years and the presentation that Bobby Lashley is still the big black heavy he was the last time he was in the company. If Zayn was still that "never say die/I need competition/pull wins out of my ass because I can hang" guy he started in NXT as instead of the goofy, annoying guy who has to hide behind his fat friend to stand a chance, this wouldn't be a conversation anyone would be having. You'd think Zayn stood a chance.

That's the bigger problem. No pun intended. They have a habit of trying to book a smaller guy less like just being a smaller guy and more like he doesn't belong. That only reinforces the idea. Jericho was a smaller guy. B****t was a smaller guy. You wouldn't really know it, because they weren't constantly pigeonholed there. CM Punk looked like a shithead on his last run because he was constantly losing on national television AS THE WORLD CHAMPION. Sure, he won title defences, but seriously who does that? Who books their world champion to constantly job? So, that makes him look like he shouldn't be champ.

I would buy Adam Cole, Even Redder Dragon, and Roddy Strong as threats if WWE were as keen on making them seem as such as, say, they did initially with The Radicalz. By constantly making an environment to where the muscular guy out-powers the better technical wrestler 100% of the time, you cut their nuts off before you even start.

There are supposed to be different archetypes to this shit. WWE has always tried to focus on the one at the expense of everything else.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote