View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #1384
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Some new details regarding the debunked Gedo rumor. Seems the origin of the rumor was a reporter in Japan making an assumption about the ending to Dominion and it got quickly taken as a fact of Gedo quitting as the head booker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A reporter wrote a column and thought that Dominion wasn't like a Gedo booked show and assumed with no knowledge that they must be using a committee. This somehow got translated into Gedo quit at Dominion.

The reporter was dead wrong, although I'm guessing Gedo listened to Jericho given they've been friends and former tag team partners when they both started, so Jericho had influence on his match. I don't even know that to be the case, but it would make sense.

The key thing is the story broke in the middle of the night Japanese time on U.S. message boards. Luckily Fumi Saito woke up at 2:30 a.m. to let me know it was fake. NJPW office opened at 8 a.m. but I was already getting texts from people there at 6:30 that it was fake. Jericho talked to Gedo as soon as he woke up.
Click to shrink...
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote