View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #1400
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Didn't they sell out this year?

I think they misunderstand how valuable Americans see tournaments as -- especially as the start of tournaments. They took ages to announce a card and there aren't really any major stips in the sense that Westerners appreciate them. Getting a start in the G-1 isn't really a deal to them.

They really should have gone in gun's blazing with a card like:

* Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Title
* Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho
* Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IC Title
* Jon Moxley vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the US Title/NEVER Openweight Title
* Jay White vs. Hirooki Goto
* GoD vs. The KES for the Tag Titles (give KES the belts in Archer's hometown)
* EVIL & Sanada vs. Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre, Jr.
* Will Ospreay vs. Dragon Lee vs. Bandido for the Junior Heavyweight Title
* Shingo Takagi vs. Taiji Ishimori
* Juice Robinson vs. Jeff Cobb
* Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Rocky Romero, Sho & Yoh

It may not have sold out, given the location, but something like that would drum up a lot more interest than "Start of the G-1."
I think that would be fine but you can't alter tbe G-1. As this is the start of the league I think they should've begged AEW to let Jericho appear and work against Tanahashi as a non tournament main event for the show.

However if I was Jericho I'd be like "nah" because even his name isn't going to fill up 10,000 seats in Dallas. His draw would look weakened if he took a booking on that card.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote