View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #55818
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Punk/Cena is also probably a top 3 match all time for me, BUT since the idea is to only keep three and erase the rest....they pretty much butchered Punk's storyline with a month of that match so it wouldn't have the historical ramifcations.

Also I was at Takeover NY so Cole/Gargano will always have a soft spot for me because my god was that crowd electric.......but it's not even close to being as historically relevant to most of the matches on that list.

As for what I'd keep:

Getting rid of Savage/Steamboat would almost feel like getting rid of The Beatles. Every competent worker that came in in the 90s/2000s cited that match as a major influence growing up.

Bret/Austin is considered to be a major foundation layer for what was to come in the Attitude Era, was such a good hard hitting match and the image of a bloody Austin is iconic.

And then you get HBK/Taker. Protecting three Mania matches feels appropriate, especially a Streak match. Some of the best drama I've seen in a match, by this point I went into every Taker match assuming a win but by the end of it I was biting on every false finish. Shit I almost bit on Taker getting counted out when he fell back on his ass at 9 seconds. Not many matches in the last 15 years captured my attention like that one did.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote