Thread: Smackdown
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #75
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
I agree with that, but my opinion is more in line with Emperors point above.

How you take an amazing heel with the whole story of I'm the best and I'm taking this company to the next level, with a bit of Ric Flair wearing custom suits, then bring him to Smackdown and turn him face with no backstory whatsoever while taking away every single trait and motivation for the character away is beyond me.

I don't care if NXT Bobby Roode had the same match against the same guy 10 times in a row, that would still be better than what his character is now, the guy with a cool theme who says Glorious over and over like a modern Hacksaw Jim Duggan saying Ho to everything every few minutes.

There is no point to Bobby Roode today, and that is Vinces fault. I honestly can't remember if he was even on Raw this week or not, cause it doesn't matter one way or the other.

And the last thing that is really MINDBLOWING to me is that Roode has not had a single special entrance in WWE. In NXT he had a special entrance at every takeover. He didn't even get a special entrance at Wrestlemania, which considering his whole purpose of being on the main roster is Vince saying "damnit pal, I want that entrance on TV". The one thing WWE focuses on for him in WWE, his entrance, and they can't even do that as good as it was done in NXT.
I like Bobby Roode fine. I understand why they brought him in as a face. That entrance is babyface. My guess is the plan was to bring him in and wait until it peters out and then turn him. They obviously feeling he is doing well enough in the role. They just want bodies to fill time, basically. He was in the main event of the most recent PPV. He's just a plug-in player/coach, which is what a lot of people expected him to be.

He could do a lot more. But not everybody can be the champion and right now he's not as valuable as Brock or AJ. I think he's been doing "fine" by the standards that you exist in WWE, contribute to hours and hours of content and earn money. He'll go into the Hall of Fame one day, don't worry.

Love discussing these things with you, by the way. I'm sorry if I sound stubbornly argumentative -- I genuinely appreciate your thoughts, you craft them very well and succinctly.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote