View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #323
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Smackdown #1 Announcer Funaki Renee Young:

Quote:
After SmackDown's viewership nearly equaled Raw's last week, Tuesday night's show returned to retaining 85% of the Raw audience like it had usually been doing since the brand split.

Tuesday's episode of SmackDown was watched by just 2,292,000 viewers. That's the lowest number for SmackDown since moving to a live format on Tuesday nights ...

It will be interesting to see if next week's SmackDown will beat Raw in the ratings, with an advertised World Championship match headlining the show and Raw going against both Monday Night Football and the first presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
If Smackdown doesn't win next week considering the huge competition RAW will face, might prove the theory bad RAWs negatively influence Smackdown shows more than Smackdown itself regardless of the show's quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
WWE is apparently going to tone down the cruiserweights on Monday Night Raw, so they aren't doing as many big flips and high spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
Enzo & Big Cass vs. The Shining Stars could be added to Clash of Champions as a second pre-show match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
TNA is teasing a debut for Thursday's episode of Impact, and all signs point to it being Cody Rhodes.

The company released a video on Wednesday afternoon advertising that "He is coming." The video claims that the debuting wrestler's past is behind him, his future is now, and all roads lead to tomorrow night. The video features a man in a suit, but never reveals who it is.

Thursday's episode of Impact has already been taped without Rhodes or anyone else debuting in front of the audience, so it seems likely that whoever debuts will be doing so in a pre-taped segment that wasn't seen by the crowd.
Quote:
Austin Aries, The Godfather, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Kerry Von Erich, Mojo Rawley, Papa Shango, Tye Dillinger, and Eddie Guerrero were announced as playable DLC characters for WWE 2K17.
Quote:
The Mexican Senate designated today as Dia del Luchador, basically it’s the Luchador Day.
Quote:
Chris Featherstone, host of Pancakes and Powerslams, has written an article on former WWE Tag Team Champion Rico Constantino’s declining health. Featherstone started a campaign for him to raise money to cover medical bills and ongoing hospital visits. Please share.
Link to the article and another link to the fundraiser: http://www.inquisitr.com/3529941/for...medical-bills/

Quote:
Ian Hamilton has a column at backbodydrop.com about how certain British groups are potentially ruining parts of the British scene for themselves and others with by cutting ticket prices.
Link to the article: http://backbodydrop.com/blog/comment...to-the-bottom/

Quote:
“WWE failed to take into account that it didn’t make a lot of sense,” he said. “Remember, I hated Alberto Del Rio, and he hated me. So, all of a sudden, I disappeared and came back. But it’s not necessarily the first step in wrestling that is the most important, because it’s the second step that identifies and clarifies the first one. That’s what we didn’t do. There was no chemistry, but there was also no logical explanation as to why I would be with Alberto. I said to the guys in the back, ‘I’m not getting the story,’ but people kept saying, ‘Just wait.’ I’ve walked on enough wrestling floors, and I know if a crowd isn’t getting a certain vibe. The chemistry wasn’t there with me and Alberto" ...

“I suggested that I get back with Jack. What I really wanted to say during my return was, ‘When I was away, I realized that, instead of building walls, we should be building bridges. Instead of hating on people, I should be loving people.’ That was the build-up, but then we’d find out that, while I was away, I was really having a s— fit about every son of a b—- who f—– me over, and Alberto was one of them. So my plan was to convince Alberto to let Jack join us, and then we’d do the big turn at the end, and that would have helped everybody. They didn’t see it that way, and Del Rio wanted to stay a heel. So I worked six weeks with Alberto, then they went their way and I went mine.”
From a recent interview Zeb Colter had with Sports Illustrated. http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...ling-interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A new book "Rowdy: The Roddy Piper Story", which began as an autobiography Piper began writing himself before he passed away, later being completed by his son Colt Toombs and daughter Ariel Toombs will be released on 10/4 by Random House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It's time for my road to WrestleMania 32 documentary be released. You can help by mentioning @WWE and using #ReleaseTheBear
— Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) September 21, 2016

On last night's edition of "Talking Smack", Daniel Bryan noted that he wanted to ask fans to push WWE to release a produced but never seen documentary on a planned Daniel Bryan return to the ring at Wrestlemania 32 that would have seen Bryan wrestle a bear. Yes, a bear.

Bryan mentioned the documentary a few weeks back while being interviewed by Michael Cole, stating that actually wrestling the bear was the hardest thing he had ever done
Quote:
It was pointed out by Reddit user Original CheezIt last night that John Cena’s pinfall loss to Dean Ambrose on Smackdown Live was his first pinfall or submission loss on RAW or Smackdown in nearly seven years.

The last time Cena lost clean on either show via pinfall or submission was on the October 19, 2009 edition of RAW in a match against Triple H.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • SuperBestFriends podcast show had Xavier Woods as a special guest this week: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podc...stin-creed-v1/
  • While UFC's Dana White previously hinted it wasn't going to occur, current rumors are teasing at CM Punk getting another fight in UFC within the near future. Current estimates for UFC 203 have it as a big success for the company and Punk as a possible big reason why.
  • Buff Bagwell's on-going lawsuit against the WWE regarding unpaid royalties recently had Raven joining the suit. Raven is also alleging the WWE owes him money from unpaid royalties due to the WWE Network.
  • The Revival's Scott Dawson recently debunked rumors of him being injured: https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/s...35372939374592
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, John Cena hasn't won a ppv singles match since Night of Champions 2015 (November). Currently his longest ppv singles win drought of his career. Also currently the longest amount of time he has gone without being a WWE/World champion which will his around 413 days when No Mercy occurs.
  • Ric Flair recently held a AMA session on r/SquaredCircle. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...e_wwe_hall_of/

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 09-22-2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Pulled the Rico fundraiser link since aparently Bollin nor Rico have any involvement with it.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote