View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #46
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
If we're being honest, even with as good as everyone is, and even before a hint of Stephanie's involvement, (and I'm actually a huge fan of both Stephanie and Becky, even with their flaws,) because of Vince and the current WWE product, talent, etc., this whole Becky Lynch idea clearly had "disastrous cluster fuck of a disappointment" written all over it, even before it actually got started some months ago.

Did anyone actually think that all parties, but especially WWE/Vince wouldn't eventually screw this up before it even got truly started? Could it still surprise and be decent or better than most of the other garbage they produce? Sure, but that doesn't make it as good as it could be or as people are making it out to be.
I've been thinking that this is a reason that the Becky stuff hasn't moved the needle at all. I mean, I'm not trying to say she would be a draw or anything, but people are like "Hmm, SmackDown is still going down." Do any of the fans left have any faith in this not to be ruined?

And it could happen with anything that they try to give some traction. Fans aren't going to trust it. WWE have burnt people too many times for them to have that complete abandon of apprehension. Now the suspension of disbelief is suspending your disbelief that this is going to be irrelevant in a few weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon View Post
Reading replies to Twitter posts about WWE is a good reminder about how many autistic people watch wrestling.
We're all they have left because they've chased off everybody else. Wrestling fans suck, and I think it is going to become a problem if "normies" decide they want to watch wrestling again. They'll just want to watch some Hardy Boyz and they'll be surrounded by screeching that Broken Matt is way much better, but I don't really feel sorry for WWE, because they fucked up things to the point where only the obsessive fan remains. Now they gatekeep.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote