View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #152
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I don't think Destor resents accusers, but rather today's witch hunt culture where an accusation alone can ruin someon'e life due to tens of thousands of people being outraged without doing any research at all.

Maybe that rubs off a bit when he disscusses an accuser, but I don't think it's intentional.
I totally get that. But this is why I call for nuance in these discussions. The second I called him out to try to be a bit less of an ass, he goes immediately to the 'white knight' crutch. For the record, I think Noid has been a giant assclown (as usual) in this thread. "Believe all women" is a dangerous notion. Due process is important.

But rape, I'm pretty sure, can be quite hard to prove and usually turns into he-said-she-said. It's a very fucked up thing.

I've also had several discussions with him about this, and he has pretty much 0 empathy or sympathy for 'alleged' victims... or has at least displayed this. He expects them to essentially have the mentality of attornies at law and to have stone cold evidence - which again, I'm quite sure is very difficult to provide barring doing an immediate rape kit. I would imagine the shock of being raped would make it quite tough to think clearly enough to start mounting corroborating evidence right away and just go to the hospital.

The problem with libertarians like Destor, is they try 'logic' you to death and think they're very smart because they read a few books. But they tend to discount being decent human beings and having some fucking tact.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote