View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #59
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
SPOILER: show

god I am still so fucking angry about snoke. Like, you didn't know anything about the Emperor, but they were just popular movies back then. Over decades they built upon the first movies with a rich history and all these rules on how everything thing works. And what makes Snoke so interesting, and such a compelling mystery, is that everything about him FLYS IN THE FACE OF ALL OF IT.

And if they really just killed him off because they didn't think he was important, not only is it lazy fucking writing, it shows a lack of appreciation and understanding of the work that has gone into building Star Wars into the entity it has become.

But we'll see I guess.

SPOILER: show
firstly there is nothing saying snokes story is over. Death is a meanjngless aspect to force users. Cpuld easily have a both snoke and Luke tugginc at kylos thoughts.

However the death of snoke was great. I went into the film thinking he was unkillable due to the reasons youre angry over his death. So when he was killed i was surprised. It was bold written and got a real reaction from me. Its was a good call.

We do know more about him know than when we went into thanmwhen we went into the flim.

He is the otherside side of lukes coin the way rey is of kylo. Rey has implausible power with no training because the corce is trying to balance itself. According to snoke. So we can extrapolate that snoke is the same thing. They both introduce astral projection inside the same film to demonstrate this. And they both exit life together as well.

So we definitely learned a great deal that we didnt know all the while getting a good shock. Because going into this film i dont think anyone saw his death coming. instead we get the final film able to focus on the acfual villian of this story.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote