View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #467
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I quit smoking pot a few months ago so I've had to find things to do to fill that time I used to waste so I got myself a library card. I've been on a Stephen King movie kick so I've decided to go to his world and read as many of his works that I can.

3/5

This is a quick novella set in the 1970's in Castle Rock. Gwendy is a young girl who meets a mysterious man who bestows upon her a magical box with 9 buttons. 7 of which represent the major geographic areas on the planet and two others which represent "whatever she wants" or "total annihilation". The box also provides other "gifts" that help her throughout the short story. The book was written initially by King but once he hit a wall he sent it to Chizmar who added to it, send it back to King, and after a couple more trades they had a finished product. The chapters are very short, almost like an outline than an in depth depiction of events. I did enjoy it though, it spoke to me in a way that was very contemporary even though it was set in the 70's. I wouldn't describe the book as a scary, but rather intriguing and suspenseful. I finished the book in just over 2 hours so it doesn't take a lot of time, if you'd like something quick and fun I would recommend it.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote