View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #198
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I love listening to Cornette’s takes on new stuff because it actually teaches me shit. Often something doesn’t sit well with me and I don’t understand why, and he kind of clears it up. It’s especially good when he goes into the psychology of booking and stuff. I hate the “out of touch” criticism, because it’s obvious this guy keeps up. Didn’t he get excellent reviews from MLW because he was more “up-to-date” than Bruce Prichard, who actually tries to endear himself to that audience?

Cornette is obviously not really calling for people to be hurt. His piece on Omega this week was pretty funny. And the line he’s apparently gotten into trouble for wasn’t even about suicide. That being said, I don’t mind people calling out disgusting shit. It’s just when they actually miss the point. With Cornette, it’s usually because people miss the point. If Cornette actually said something egregious, but the point was taken for what it was, and someone was just like “Hey Jim, maybe don’t use (example) because of (valid reason)” then I’d be fine with it. Honestly, Cornette probably would be too (the wake of the Sonny Kiss stuff).

People have their ideas about Cornette being out of touch and start there and then just pin a bunch of warped values he doesn’t actually hold on top of that. Because he “hates everything,” he must hate whatever thing you can pull out of a hat, for example.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote