View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 02:08 AM   #7030
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
While Doom is possibly cool, I was always dreading this.

Part of the reason why the MCU got better was because X-Men was initially killing it. The rights separations meant allowances and substitutions had to be made and better storytelling had to shore up some of those holes and alterations. Yeah, there is all kind of love for Black Panther - time and place in history and whatnot - but do you *really* think there would have been a feature film if they didn't have to dig that far down the well of not being able to use mutants or the Fantastic Four? It took a few iterations of Hulk movies to get the one we have now, and if the pissing match weren't happining and everyting were in one house, BP would likely would have been replaced by either a new attempt at Hulk or another Iron Man move that the studio could hump until the comic movie bubble burst.

I fear a "Mortal Kombat: Anhilliation" future. Shoving in everyone just for the sake of "look, we have them all now!!!" and the need for well crafted stories diminishing because everyone is back in one place and it's no longer a theatrical arms race of sorts. Shit's going to get worse in the effort department simply for the pants creaming that will come from the first time everyone is able to see Wolverine, Deadpool, and Spider-Man show up in a MCU movie.

Yoda's couple minute ass kicking spree didn't make up for the three lackluster prequels to me, and the potential of having a moment or two doesn't make me feel better about the future of the franchises going forward. Once the ink is dry, feels like the only thing left to do is Secret Wars. It's another form of WWE buying WCW.

It can't last forever, but this speeds up the inevitable.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote