View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 02:22 PM   #7261
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I say this weekly, easily. Maybe more. But AEW has GOT to cut/not renew several/and I mean a dozen or more active wrestlers from theirs contracts.

I just saw an article about Tony Neese. This dude is nearly perfect, body at an insane level, working ability as good as it gets... Never had a major story in any company... He leaves WWE to get an angle on AEW Dark.

Jay Lethal. A dude who fills a major social need of equality in wrestling, incredible worker and promo, a future HOF performer. Yes finally AEW is working an angle with him and Starks (and I think it's excellent so far) but why did it take two months!?

Andrade when he came into AEW I swear to God was a main event talent. We were able to forget about his poor usage in WWE and he was getting thrust to the top immediately, right? Wrong. Just fucking wrong. These horrible backstage angles are not moving anyone forward or creating any interest.. why does this guy have to have such a cheese dick gimmick? Can't he just be a hot dude that is good at wrestling, has cool matches and doesn't speak English? You can get over on that in AEW.

Those are some of the major characters that I think are underused. We also have Fish, O'Riellly, Ethan Page, Thunder Rosa, Malakai, Leo Rush and Miro that are new to AEW and underused on TV.

I always think "who should AEW cut?"

Usually the list of talents I come up with aren't really dominating the screen on Dynamite. Janela, Kiss, Red Velvet, Luther and the like. AEW has to deal with some of the talent that just aren't progressing on Dynamite and replace them with the newer talent I talked about above.

I think I can do without the Best Friends, I like them all but ultimately they are taking a spot from people who I'd rather be watching. Maybe they just break up and go separate ways until and eventual reunion but I'm tired of this group on tv.

Dark Order. Yes Silver has a connection to the fans but ultimately the group is a failure and really has no way forward at this point. I wouldn't miss it if Dark Order was just never mentioned again as an active unit in AEW.

Inner Circle, time to go. Hager just has to go for good. The stable is done, time to end it. Hager is the only one that needs to be released, Jericho eh... I can do without. Hopefully WWE snags him.

Hobbs, yeah I know AEW has a deficit of black workers but Hobbs sucks and hasn't improved at all since day one. Replace Hobbs with Keith Lee and don't tell anyone.
Best Friends should have gone yesterday. The problem is that if you have to split them up, you’re just creating a situation where you have to highlight four different acts instead of just one.

I think at the top, you can cut Matt Hardy, Paul Wight and Mark Henry. That’s probably $3 million right there. Jericho is cooked. Moxley might be leaving anyway and doesn’t do much good. Does Sting even matter anymore? That’s probably a total of $8 million right there.

Who really cares about the rest of the Inner Circle? Sammy, Santana and Ortiz might be good talents, but they don’t matter. I can see why you would keep Sammy though.

Problem is it then becomes about guys who aren’t featured by should be. FTR can be cut. Miro. Malakai Black. PAC. Andrade. None of them really matters to the identity of the company. If you’re getting rid of Black, get rid of Brody King too. Why are The Butcher & The Blade still there? Private Party? Rebel? Serena Deeb? Nyla Rose? Vickie Guerrero?

Just fire half the goddamn roster.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote