View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #32
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
The whole idea of using Jinder to draw in India is just mindboggling. Like Savior mentioned, it would make SOME sense if he were a face. But using the old school "foreigner who hates America" thing to actually draw people in FROM THE FOREIGN COUNTRY is... what? lol

Why would they think Indians are gonna be like "I can't wait to tune in to see that guy who looks and sounds kinda like me get his ass beat by a bunch of people who don't!"
I think they actually present him as a face in India. Which is weird, because he acts extremely dastardly in the ring. Like, one of the thing that Mahal tries really hard at is wrestling bell-to-bell like an actual heel. He does nothing that elicits actual heat, but he knows the words if not the music. I don't know how they explain it away in India though. Maybe some sort of "He's fighting back after years of oppression!"

Honestly, I really do believe that him being a jobber is the most mind-boggling thing. There is no kayfabe reason to believe this guy is anything more than lucky. Why would you believe in him as either a face or a heel? As a face, he's impotent, because you've been told he can't win a fight on his own. Spike Dudley probably had a better win-loss record. He's Brooklyn Brawler WWF Champion. As a heel, he's off-putting, because you know he can't win a fight on his own, so you plunk money down to see him lose and a deus ex machina helps him keep the belt he shouldn't have and the heroes look stupid falling for all the same tricks. So why put down money until he loses?

It's really bad storytelling, lol. Like, just from a narrative standpoint. The heroes need to look inept for him to remain champion. These stories never work.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote