View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #1210
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets Part Deuce 'n Domino:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Ratings are in for the latest installment of the Wednesday Night Wars -- and both shows dropped from last week against better-than-usual competition from both the NBA and cable news programming.

AEW Dynamite on TNT averaged 828,000 viewers, down five percent from last week. In the 18-49 demo, the show was down three percent, averaging a 0.34 rating. That rating, though, was good for third place overall on cable, the best the show has ever performed in relation to cable competition.

NXT on the USA Network was down seven percent, averaging 712,000 viewers. In the demo, they finished 37th on cable with a 0.22 rating, down eight percent from last week ...

As it does most weeks, NXT lost to Dynamite in every demo except those over 50, where NXT had a 0.36 to 0.29 advantage. The strongest category for AEW was men 18-49, where they had a 0.48 to 0.28 advantage.

The season two premiere of Miz & Mrs., which aired after NXT last night, averaged 437,000 total viewers and a 0.18 rating in the 18-49 demo. The season one finale averaged 1.094 million viewers and a 0.38 rating in the demo when airing after SmackDown in August.

With Miz & Mrs. airing after the show, NXT didn't have an overrun last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, who will be inducted into the company's Hall of Fame for the second time over Wrestlemania 36 weekend, is slated to be part of the Thursday 2/27 WWE Super Showdown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, PWInsider.com has confirmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Production on the only “Official and Authorized” feature-length documentary of Joanie “Chyna” Laurer has begun. Laurer was known to the world as a groundbreaking professional wrestler and as the “9th Wonder Of The World.” This documentary has been authorized by Joanie Laurer’s estate.

The documentary will explore Laurer’s tremendous influence both inside and outside the ring to millions of adoring fans through interviews and images with a wide range of subjects selected, including Joanie’s mother, Jan LaQue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE filed for a trademark on “Viktor” on 1/24, likely to prevent him from using the name in post-WWE endeavors following The Ascension’s release. They are slated to begin working independent dates next month.

The company also filed for a new trademark on Dana Brooke on 1/24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling & Fightful
Mauro Ranallo was a guest on TSN 1040 in Vancouver for Bell Let’s Talk Day to discuss his struggles with mental health issues and his treatment.

Ranallo noted that the past year was one of the hardest between his schedule, turning 50, and spending lots of money for mental health treatment. He disclosed that he was hospitalized this past summer at UCLA and is continuing intensive treatment when he isn’t on the road.

With regards to his treatment, he said when he isn’t on road he is at a center where he attends various treatment classes that begin at 10 am and lasts until around 5 pm.

The incident over Survivor Series weekend with Corey Graves was brought up by the hosts and addressed for the first time publicly by Ranallo ...

“It was a blessing in disguise. I have nothing really to say about Corey Graves or anyone else in my professional existence in the sense that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everyone is able to critique everyone the way they would. I would never do something like that to a co-worker but that has been addressed and if anything, I even publicly thank Corey Graves because he was the straw that broke the proverbial back in terms of my social media activity and I will say here and now, I have deactivated all of my social media since November and I would implore everyone, especially those with mental health issues. Social media is so dangerous to those of us with mental health conditions and I know in the media and our everyday lives now, people are being hired and fired by their social media followings or the amount of information they post or how popular they are.

I think it’s a disease. So out of that situation with my colleague, I am no longer on social media. I will never get back on social media. If anything, it was a benefit to me. I try to look towards the positive among the negatives that we all endure and for me, it just allowed me to unhook myself from the social media aspects of life. I found myself doing way too much and it ate way too much time. Being in the media, being a sports commentator for combat sports, I am following as much as I can, I know as much as I ever did. So for anyone dealing with mental health issues, I would suggest decreasing, or deactivating your social media... I know how important it is for a lot of people in terms of their jobs, but I said a big 'F-U' to social media and I wish I would have done it sooner"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Ronda Rousey will return to WWE whenever she wants. And it might be at a live event in Largo.

Appearing on WWE After The Bell with Corey Graves, Ronda was asked the question on everyone's mind; when will she return to WWE?

"Whenever the hell I feel like it. If they would just let me show up at live events, probably very soon," she replied.

Rousey hasn't been seen on WWE television since losing to Becky Lynch in the triple threat main event at WrestleMania 35. There was a lot of speculation surrounding a potential appearance at the 2020 Royal Rumble, but nothing came to fruition.

Her mentioning "showing up at live events" was a reference to an earlier part of the conversation when she was asked what she missed most about her time in WWE.

"I miss live shows, so much," she said. "I wish I could show up randomly at live shows, if that makes sense. That's what I miss the most. I would never do hair and makeup on those days, we'd just hang out in the locker room until we had to go out there and [perform]. I love the camaraderie and the laid back feeling of live show days. Jump in the car after and go to the next town. Never being able to find food and eating beef jerky all night. I miss that."
Think she mentioned before about her plans for a new family were put on hold due to her being unsure about her future life and wrestling plans. Also some rumored issues with trying to get pregnant.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote