View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #1235
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets (Friday's News Edition):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Flamita has been pulled from two upcoming Ring of Honor shows due to injury.

In this week's edition of his Eck's Files column for ROH's website, Kevin Eck wrote that Flamita suffered a torn meniscus while teaming with Bandido against The Briscoes at Free Enterprise. Flamita won't be able to wrestle at Bound By Honor in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday, February 28 or Gateway to Honor in St. Louis, Missouri on Saturday, February 29 ...

ROH didn't announce a timetable for when Flamita will be returning from his injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The New York Post ran an article today noting that WWE Hall of Famer Ted DiBiase's non-profit religious organization tHE Heart of David Ministries reportedly received more than $2.1 million in welfare from the state of Mississippi after his son Brett DiBiase began working for the State.

The organization had received just $5,000 in grants in 2013, but pulled in $271,000 in welfare money, the same year Brett was hired as a senior official at the Mississippi Department of Human Services. DiBiase’s group received as much as $900,000 one year.

The New York Times ran an article on 2/6 covering a massive embezzlement scandal in the State of Mississippi involving a state auditor and former WWE developmental talent Brett DiBiase. According to that article, the former director of the state welfare agency and five others are being charged in one of the biggest embezzlement scandals in the history of the office. Allegedly, Brett DiBiase was given funds to go to a drug treatment facility in Malibu that was earmarked for Mississippi's welfare programs. According to documents, DiBiase was allegedly given the money as payment for classes that he didn't teach for drug abuse.

Now, questions have been raised about money directed to DiBiase Sr.'s organization, especially since, as The Post reported, "The state of Mississippi denied more than 98 percent of individual welfare applicants, while giving more than $2 million to DiBiase’s foundation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Kevin Ku, who was trained by Brian Fury, has signed a Major League Wrestling contract and will debut in April in Chicago.

LA Park Jr, LA Park’s youngest son, will soon debut in MLW.

There have been some reports floating around that MLW was trying to actively sign AAA stars to deals. MLW states they are not pursuing any Stateside contracts with AAA talents, but will continue to book AAA talents as well as independent lucha talents from Mexico.

The company is currently looking for a heel analyst type announcer to add to their broadcast team. They are looking outside the company for potential ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The XFL, the Harris County - Houston Sports Authority and the University of Houston today announced at a news conference that Houston, Texas, and TDECU Stadium on the U of H campus will host the league’s championship game on Sunday, April 26, 2020.

The game will feature the league’s champions from the East and West divisions and be televised nationally by ESPN at 3:00 p.m. ET.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The WWE stock closed at $44.93 on Friday after opening at $44.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The WWE PC YouTube account has been releasing a great series on Tegan Nox’s comeback this week in the lead-up to her street fight with Dakota Kai at TakeOver this Sunday. Part 1 and Part 2 can be viewed with the third episode of the series below (these definitely should have aired on NXT over the past few weeks)
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22IVjQ91lWM , Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3iFywEM04 , Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzdxtx3YLpQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Jon Moxley has filed to trademark this past week for both "Jon Moxley" and "Mox."

The two trademarks were filed in the first week of February with "Jon Moxley" being filed on February 7 and "Mox" being filed on February 8. According to Wrestling Inc, the trademarks were filed by Toledo, Ohio lawyer Michael E. Dockins, the same attorney who has done recent filings for The Revival and several AEW stars.
Quote:
According to a report in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), MVP is being transitioned into a backstage producer role within WWE. This transition comes just under a month after MVP returned to WWE as part of the 2020 men's Royal Rumble match, and then subsequently wrestled his final match with the company the following night on Raw against Rey Mysterio.

Most recently, MVP was the host of his talk show segments, the VIP lounge, where he offered his managerial services to Drew McIntyre along the Road to WrestleMania, but was promptly meant with a boot to the face. According to the report from the Observer, while this isn't something that will be happening on a regular basis, MVP does so well in the role that it may be utilized sporadically.
Quote:
WWE has unveiled a new Table for 3... only smaller.

Released on their YouTube channel, WWE gathered Braun Strowman, Drake Maverick, and Elias around a "tiny" table to talk about their careers and eat "tiny" tacos. In the video (seen above), Braun and Drake shared stories from their time travelling together, including one where Drake tried to eat the same meals as Braun, but the portions were so large that he was miserable and gave up halfway through the day.

Asked by Elias to share something interesting, Drake revealed that he was once mistaken for Braun's child.

"I remember once walking into the gym, and we asked, "do you do day passes?" Braun took over the conversation and then the women goes "yep, you and your son have a good day."

Sharing one of the moments that has stood out to him, Elias described the night he insulted the Seattle SuperSonics a career highlight.

"One moment that really sticks out to me is, I was in Seattle, and I was sitting there with Kevin Owens on the stool and I said this line about the Sonics and their basketball team. I triggered that crowd so much. I swear, I think they tried to boo me out of that building. I remember Kevin Owens was standing right next to me, screaming in my ear and I couldn't hear him."
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdKUDTszRuk

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote