View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 12:40 PM   #14329
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Meanwhile the gates shrink, the buyrates shrink, and each passing generation shits just a little bit more on the corpse of kayfabe and the cycle repeats.

The phrase "you're killing the business" isnt a euphemism. It can literally die. There are fewer eyeballs on wrestling than ever and the only thing keeping wrestling afloat is that TV is a dying medium clinging to any live content it can get.

When TV dies it takes wrestling with it.
Fucking thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Im not faulting hardy. He's promoting the company he works for. I dont expect him be honest even if he thinks the show is shit. Id think less of him if he were
Eh, I take your point, but there’s the point where the specifics of what you say is actually detrimental. Hardy makes the company look like even more of a joke with the hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
Anyway it does tickle me that there's an argument over Orange Cassidy seemingly every other week. Not just here but anywhere wrestling is discussed.

He's basically viewed as the litmus test in terms of your tastes, even though I don't think liking Orange Cassidy means you must hate traditional wrassling or whatever. I like all of it.
They’re incompatible. If you want sincere art you cannot accept Orange Cassidy, who is inherently a pisstake.

Don’t get me wrong, you can subjectively enjoy both on your own in separate contexts. I would be ashamed to enjoy Orange Cassidy, but whatever. That context is objectively incompatible with wrestling presented in an effective way though. Effective wrestling is defined by how easy it is to immerse yourself in. You cannot convince yourself in Orange Cassidy.

OC is for people who hate wrestling. The masochists who have watched for too long and think it’s clever to get kicked in the nuts.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote