View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 06:57 PM   #1450
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets sponsored by that one time in wrestling history when a ladder won a championship belt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Finn Balor vs. Adam Cole to crown a new WWE NXT Champion will kick off tonight's edition of WWE NXT on the USA Network. WWE taped tonight's NXT earlier today and is also taping next week's episode today as well. NXT returns to its regular Wednesday night timeslot next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
As it turns out, based on schedule changes, there is no NHL game on USA this Wednesday. Like last week, NXT will still be airing on Tuesday and there will be a replay on Wednesday. Right now the replay is scheduled by SYFY and not USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWF Intercontinental Champion Marty Jannetty is now claiming that his confession a few weeks back that he allegedly murdered someone when he was 13 years old, hitting them with a brick as they attempted to sexually assault him, was part of a "wrestling storyline", according to TMZ.com.

Jannetty claimed that the plan was to build to a match with a "former corrections officer" with the idea that should Jannetty lose, he would be arrested. Jannetty, 60, has not wrestled since 2018. He did not name who the "officer" would be or what promotion this had been allegedly planned for.

Back in August, Jannetty appeared on Boston Wrestling's YouTube channel to discuss his apparent murder confession. You can find the complete show at this link. During that 20 minute discussion, Jannetty stated that when he was 13, a front desk clerk at Victory Lanes, a bowling alley in Columbus, Georgia attempted to rape him. Jannetty, who was working at the bowling alley at the time, stated that he knew the person was known for selling weed (which is why Jannetty went to see him) but didn't know the same person "lured" children ...

If Jannett's claim of the incident happening when he was 13 was indeed true, the alleged murder would have taken place in 1973. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations' website does not currently list any unsolved murders prior to 1980.

Jannety claimed that once he was red-flagged getting on a flight and the police got involved, investigating, he knew he had to drop the storyline. The Columbus Police Department are still investigating Jannetty's claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Tessa Blanchard will make her first appearance in the independent scene since being released by Impact Wrestling.

She will headline the first Warrior Wrestling Stadium Series event on September 12. She will defend the Warrior Wrestling Women’s championship against current Impact star Kylie Rae.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Undertaker - The Last Ride will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on 12/15. The 2020 Survivor Series will be released on DVD on 12/29.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Yen Press issued the following:

Yen Press Acquires the Manga New Japan Academy for Digital Release

NEW YORK, NY (9/8/20) – Yen Press, LLC announced the acquisition of the manga series New Japan Academy, an action-packed and comedic manga series featuring stars from New Japan Pro-Wrestling by artist HIROKU. and consultation by New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

It’s the stars of New Japan Pro-Wrestling as you’ve never seen them before! Teenager Tetsuya Naito is aiming for the top of New Japan Academy, but in order to be the champion, he’ll have to face formidable students like “Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada and the “Once-in-a-Century Talent” Hiroshi Tanahashi. Luckily for Naito, he has his boys in Los Ingobernables de Japon on his side! No matter the odds, Naito’s motto remains the same: tranquilo.

With the rise in worldwide popularity of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, the manga New Japan Academy is a highly-anticipated release by the many passionate fans of the pro-wrestling promotion and the stars within it. A story told from the point of view of Tetsuya Naito, one of the most popular pro-wrestlers in the world due to his tenure at both New Japan Pro-Wrestling and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), New Japan Academy shows fan-favorite wrestlers like they’ve never been seen before!

New Japan Academy, Vol. 1 is scheduled for an October 2020 release exclusively on digital platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Big Japan Wrestling, seeking to garner more of an audience beyond Japan, has officially launched an English language Twitter account.
Link: https://twitter.com/BjwEnglish/statu...12276584824832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Fightful has learned some of the current planned lineup for IMPACT Wrestling's biggest show of 2020.

Every year since 2005, IMPACT Wrestling has spent the entire year building towards the Bound for Glory event in October. Over the years, the event has been headlined by such names as Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Drew McIntyre.

As first revealed on Fightful Select, the current plans for the 2020 event are already being worked out

Fightful has learned several of the plans ahead of IMPACT Bound For Glory this October.

As of now, Ken Shamrock is pegged for a high level match with Eddie Edwards. Shamrock has been feuding and teaming with Sami Callihan in recent months.

After returning at Slammiversary, Rich Swann and IMPACT World Champion Eric Young's heated feud is expected to continue at IMPACT Bound For Glory.

There is a four-way IMPACT Tag Team Championship match in the cards with Motorcity Machine Guns, The North, The Good Brothers and Ace Austin & Madman Fulton.

An IMPACT Knockouts Championship match between Deonna Purrazzo and Kylie Rae is also tentatively scheduled for the show.

In addition to these matches, we're told a 6-way IMPACT X Division Title match, as well as a Call Your Shot Rumble are planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
WWE has made a couple of edits to a wXW show that has been released on the WWE Network that look to be due to allegations made during the #SpeakingOut movement. The WON reports that wXw’s 2019 Toronto show, which was added to the Network in its independents section, does not have a Julian Pace vs. Daniel Makabe vs. Cima vs. Brent Banks match as well as an angle between David Starr and WALTER.

Allegations against Starr were the catalyst for the #SpeakingOut movement, when he was accused of sexual abuse and rape. Pace and Jay Skillet were released by wXw after the company investigated claims against the two made by students from the wXw Academy against him.
Quote:
You might have seen Thunder Rosa in WWE if they had their way, but not as a wrestler.

The ambitious Rosa has appeared on American television for five different companies, basically everyone but IMPACT and WWE. In 2019, Rosa actually had a tryout scheduled with WWE, but didn't end up going.

"I was supposed to go, last September, for a referee try out," Rosa told Fightful. "That was like a week before I signed my contract for MMA. That was in WWE. Dorian, the hurricane, happened and my things kept getting canceled, getting canceled and then I was getting too close for me to sign my contract for my fight and I was already training. I had like three months training. I was like, “I can’t wait.” One week’s too long for me not to train. I just sent them an e-mail saying, “Thanks for the opportunity, hopefully we can work something out in the future,” and I left it as that. That happened my career skyrocketed ‘cause we made it happen. But, yeah, man. It’s insane. But, other than that, I never got any e-mails or interest or nothing," Rosa stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
NWA World Women’s Champion Thunder Rosa joined the ‘This Is The NWA Podcast’ one day after her AEW Women’s World Title match against Hikaru Shida at All Out. Thunder Rosa was defeated by Shida in the match but feels that she gained more than she lost. Rosa feels that from the moment she showed up in AEW to promote the match with Shida, she showed that AEW does not have a woman like her on their roster.

“It’s been a team effort and I just came there and just represented and yesterday [All Out] was really good because [Hikaru] Shida was — she was willing to do something different. She’s worked with us, I mean of course the people that she works with in AEW, but I don’t think they have a woman like me on the roster and I showed it from the moment I showed up there. That first week, I went there and I went to training and I showed the girls how you should look when you train, and how you should look when you get in the ring. You should be the same way and you should train as hard because it’s national TV and it’s prime time, you know?”

Rosa said the powers that be were pleased with the match. She shared the advice that Kenny Omega gave to her and Shida before their match and that was to show everyone what a “real women’s wrestling match should look like.”

“The thing is the pressure was [a lot]. Everybody was like, ‘You guys have to knock it out of the park,’ Wednesday too and… another thing, they gave us time which they never do on Dynamite, ever, on women’s wrestling and then I come and I’m the NWA Champion who’s not even signed and it’s just like… we’re in the back, there was supposed to be some stuff and then [Kenny] Omega came then he looked at us and said, ‘Show them what a real women’s wrestling match should look like.’”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Championship Wrestling from Hollywood returned to TV with new, original in-ring content this past weekend, airing nationally on YouToo America (YTA) as well as the Z Channel and other markets via local syndication.

The episodes were taped in an empty arena format and were the first episodes under new booker Aron Stevens aka the former Damian Sandow in WWE.

The episode was more of a traditional, episodic style format with storyline vignettes and outside of the ring interviews conducted by Jon Roberts helping to move storylines forward. Previously, CWH had been a series of bouts and some interviews leading to those matches but episodically, there wasn't as much of a strong narrative from week to week and this reboot of sorts appeared to change that old formula up somewhat
Quote:
TV Insider chatted with IMPACT Wrestling talent Heath Slater. Heath shared that there are a few talents in WWE who he has been in contact with that have expressed that they would like to experience what’s transpiring in wrestling outside of WWE but they have a significant amount of time left on their respective contracts.

“They know when they are locked down under contract, they can’t get out. That’s the bottom line. You may have well signed yourself up for the military. But guys that did get released and guys from other companies have been texting and calling and asking about Impact. The WWE crew, some of them have been like, ‘Man, that would be awesome to do this, But I still got a year-and-a-half or another year.’ I’m like, ‘Remember what you’re saying because years go by pretty fast. So if you really want to, I might know a guy.’ The interest is there for sure" ...

After being released, Heath made an appearance on RAW and had a promo segment and a quick match with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. Initially, Heath turned it down but stated that McIntyre pleaded with him to do the segment as it got approved.

“That’s exactly what that was. McIntyre called me a month or so in advance. I told him I wasn’t going back, and I didn’t want it. Then literally two weeks before Slammiversary he pleaded with me to let him pitch working together. He was sure they would go for it. Then when he called me back and said they went for it I was like, what?! It was one of those things where Drew is one of my best friends inside and outside the ring.

We just clicked 12 years ago when we met. I’m in the ring with him and Dolph [Ziggler], who is a friend too. I thought to myself, ‘I’m going to hit a home run and speak from the heart and let you know how I feel.’ Thankfully, it was one take and came off great. I wanted to prove to them that I could have been doing this the whole damn time if you gave me the opportunity. Now you give me the opportunity to come back one day to show what I can do, I’m going to spread my wings and fly to other companies and give them my talent.”
Quote:
WhatCulture spoke with IMPACT World Tag Team Champion Chris Sabin ...

When it comes to how Sabin has seen tag team wrestling change over the past decade, he feels that a good portion of that credit should go to Matt and Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks. Sabin feels that a handful of tag teams have patterned their style after The Bucks.

“Honestly, I think as far as tag team wrestling goes, The Young Bucks had a huge influence on today’s tag team style of wrestling. Not everyone does it of course, but a lot of teams on independent shows try to replicate The Young Bucks’ style of matches. I think that’s the biggest difference I see from back then is the difference those guys have had on tag team wrestling. They really changed the business, that’s for sure.”
Quote:
Nick Aldis revealed that the National Wrestling Alliance had plans in place to tour the U.K. before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Quote:
Comicbook.com spoke with Adam Cole. Cole responded to the mixed reactions that spawned from the finish of the NXT Championship Fatal 4-Way Iron Man match from last week. Cole admitted that he’s one who views things in a positive light and saw the finish as a cliffhanger. He also understands why some viewers were not happy with the result.

“However, I do understand that some people were upset. I understand that some people want to see a definitive end to a match like that, and it makes total sense. But that’s actually kind of, as weird as it sounds, that’s what I love so much about pro wrestling, is you’ll have one match that will happen with a certain result, and like you said, half the people will go, ‘That was the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t have ended that any better. This was perfect’, and then you’ve got another group of people who were so upset and so angry, and think it’s the dumbest thing in the world. The beautiful thing is that both people aren’t wrong, and both people are right, and you can think whatever you want to think.”
Quote:
Stardom's canceled shows from August have now been rescheduled.

The Japanese promotion announced that the canceled August 22 and 23 shows, which were called off due to precautions stemming from positive COVID-19 tests. The two shows will now be combined into one event on October 3 at Yokohama Budokan.
Quote:
Former WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres reveals her own family's battle with COVID-19.

The novel coronavirus pandemic has owned the majority of 2020 regardless of your walk of life. Recently, WWE legends such as The Rock and Kevin Nash have revealed their own stories battling COVID-19 and even current WWE Superstar AJ Styles admitted to testing positive recently.

Eve Torres revealed in an Instagram post that she and her husband, Rener Gracie, have tested positive for the virus, and even her young child, Renson, has a fever and is assumed to be positive.
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE2u7n-MCGb/

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote