View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 08:03 AM   #57933
Rammsteinmad
TPWW's #3 Peep

Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Throughout the pandemic/lockdown, my girlfriend and I have dug out all our old DVD's and been watching through them all. This includes all my wrestling ones which she loves watching and is a huge fan!

Currently just watched The Great American Bash 2004 and Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story, and two random notes/observations:

Damn, Chris Benoit was so fucking good. If you can try to appreciate his work as a wrestler prior to how his life ended, he really was one of the absolute best. From his solo DVD and all the ones we watched prior, the guy was so crisp in the ring. He had an absolute intensity and believeability that nobody really has anymore. Makes me appreciate that era of technical wrestling around the turn of the century before all the flippy and comedy stuff got too out-of-hand. Nowadays it's all so choreographed and gymnastics that it takes a lot of the realism out of the competition.

Also, I always kinda wished WWE would release a DVD or something on the Network or whatever, focusing on all the guys/matches that don't warrent DVD's of their own. So many mid-card matches and stand-out performers that should be highlighted. Guys like Christian, Booker T, Jamie Knoble, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Dean Malenko etc. Perhaps matches from Raw, Smackdown, WWECW, NXT, Main Event etc that weren't necessarily main event matches or significant in any way, other than being great matches that seemed to have been kinda forgotten about.

Last edited by Rammsteinmad; 10-19-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Rammsteinmad is offline   Reply With Quote