View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #112
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Really, if they don't bring in the supernatural stuff, Matt Hardy being a weird fuck who snapped and started believing he was royalty and speaking in an English accent while mispronouncing words because he's not ACTUALLY as cultured as he thinks he is... isn't even that unrealistic of a wrestling gimmick if you think about it.
No, and I've always said that. I can buy Matt as a "tortured artist" who has never been as charismatic or as good as his brother. Matt is legitimately a crazy, obnoxious bastard who keeps pet giraffes and has all this shit lying around.

It loses me on a few fronts:

1. The supernatural stuff. Fuck off. Disqualified.

2. The attempts at what I think are comedy. If you laugh because Matt says an unusual word, then I just don't think we are ever going to have the same tastes in terms of satire. Someone posted a gif of Matt and Helms doing this hack thumbs up joke that would only be funny to 12 year olds 12 years ago. It's just so bad in terms of its actual substance and scripting. If this were a B-movie trying to be bad, I would hate it just as much, because I prefer things that are so bad that they're good; not so bad that they're just bad.

3. The fandom around it. It's drooling. It's gross. Some people are just...easy, I guess. I don't know how to say it without insulting people, haha. It makes me feel like intellectual discussion about wrestling is impossible. Like, I feel like you have to communicate in memes and people saying "NO! You are the DELETED chosen one! Let us celebrate over kumquats, crochets and pomegranates!" like it means anything. It's just de-spiriting, and there's no way not be elitist about it. It's lame and embarrassing.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote